The Alice B. Donahue Library and Archives is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team!
Being a library clerk is a fun, fast paced job. This is a customer service position that requires assisting patrons with all manor of requests including but not limited to research, technological help and community inquiries.
The hours are 5 to 7.5 hours per week, and includes evenings and some weekends.
A successful candidate would posses excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office, Canva and social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram. A willingness to learn new things and help others is an asset for this position.
If you are interested please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in and drop one off. If you have any questions please reach out via email at email@example.com or call 780-675-2735.
Part-Time Library Clerk Position
- Receive and check out materials.
- Assist patrons with research and/or technical questions.
- Maintain daily records.
- Receive and record payments.
- Shelve materials and maintain order within the collection.
- Resolves customer issues within established policies and procedures.
- Maintain an open and welcoming environment for library visitors.
- Set up displays and maintain children’s room collection.
- Assist with program preparation and execution when needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to provide an acceptable current criminal reference check.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, OneDrive, PowerPoint and Canva.
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
- Ability to cooperate with other staff to ensure effective and efficient delivery of library service.
- Ability to project a positive, helpful image to the public.
Physical demands and working conditions:
- Requirement for sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office/library setting.
- Ability to routinely lift and move shipments in boxes up to 20 kg.
- Required to view a computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
Hours and Rate of Pay:
- $16.00 per hour.
- 5 to 7.5 hours per week.
- Extra hours available when providing coverage.
- Evenings and some weekends are expected.